The 2014 CIPD People Management Awards are now open for entries
The CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development, is calling for entries for the 2014 People Management Awards (PMAs).The PMAs are the most prestigious Awards in the profession. Delivered in partnership with our own People Management magazine, they recognise and celebrate outstanding achievements in people management and learning and development. The Awards are open to all organisations, regardless of size.
This year’s Awards, which promise to be the biggest and best ever, will be held at the glamorous new venue the Great Room, Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane. This year has seen some new Awards introduced, to appreciate the different challenges faced by small and large organisations and by different sectors. Each category recognises outstanding achievement and contribution to business sustainability and success.
There are 19 categories as well as an overall winner:
People and Teams
- HR / L&D professional of the year – shortlist to be voted for by members
- Michael Kelly outstanding student award – L7
- Michael Kelly outstanding student award – L3&5
- HR / L&D team of the year– organisations up to 250 employees
- HR / L&D team of the year – organisation of 250+ employees
- HR / L&D team of the year public sector
- HR / L&D team of the year third sector/social enterprise
- Best change management initiative
- Best diversity initiative
- Best employee engagement initiative
- Best employee relations initiative
- Best health and wellbeing initiative
- Best HR / L&D consultancy
- Best HR / L&D supplier
- Best learning and development initiative
- Best recruitment and talent management initiative
- Best reward and benefits initiative
- Best use of technology
- Best youth employment initiative
- Overall winner
Peter Cheese, Chief Executive at the CIPD, said: “The pace of change in the world of work continues to present many challenges for today’s managers and for HR and L&D professionals. We’re looking for inspiring examples of how teams have tackled these to motivate their people and drive business performance.
Last year’s People Management Awards were a real success and we saw a huge breadth and scale of high-quality entries. This year we have changed and added some new categories, projects and initiatives so that we can recognise even more high-quality people management and development. I’m looking forward to seeing all this year’s entries and I wish all entrants the best of luck.”
Entries will close on 9 May 2014. The winners will be announced at a black tie Awards Dinner at Grosvenor House in London on 30 September 2014.
Category sponsors for this year’s People Management Awards include Hays Human Resources, Leading Edge and Successfactors.
For more information and to register your entry please visit: http://www.cipdpmas.co.uk/
www.Bizworldonline.com is a B2B online publication for the UK business community.
Please send business & company news stories to:
First Floor Offices
Unit 2 Alliance Trading Estate